Great Idea for Mother’s Day!
1. Tomato-Cheddar Spread mayonnaise on white bread. Sandwich with sliced tomato, aged cheddar and watercress. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
2. Ham, Brie and Apple Spread softened butter and dijon mustard inside a split loaf of French bread. Fill with deli ham, sliced brie and sliced green apple. Cut into pieces.
3. Cucumber-Butter Mix 4 tablespoons softened butter, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs. Spread on white bread and sandwich with sliced cucumber. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
4. Watercress-Butter Make Cucumber-Butter Sandwiches (No. 3) but fill with watercress instead of cucumber.
5. Grilled Shrimp–Ham Puree 1/4 cup jarred piquillo peppers with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise. Spread on white bread. Sandwich with grilled shrimp and sliced serrano ham. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
6. Steak au Poivre Mix 4 tablespoons each softened butter and chopped fresh herbs. Spread on baguette rounds. Top with thinly sliced steak and crushed peppercorns.
7. Pea-Prosciutto Puree 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas with 1 tablespoon each olive oil and water in a blender; season with salt and pepper. Spread inside a split loaf of focaccia and fill with prosciutto and shaved parmesan. Cut into squares.
8. Olive-Focaccia Mix 1 cup chopped olives and 3 tablespoons chopped parsley. Drizzle the inside of a split loaf of focaccia with olive oil; fill with the olive mixture and sliced provolone. Cut into squares.
9. Asparagus Mix 3 tablespoons softened butter with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs. Spread on pumpernickel bread; cut into rectangles. Slice cooked asparagus tips in half lengthwise; lay on the bread and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Top with chopped hard-boiled egg, salt and pepper.
10. Anchovy–Lemon Butter Mix 1 stick softened butter with 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest. Spread on white bread. Sandwich with anchovies, sliced tomato and Bibb lettuce. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
Food Network Magazine