8 Appetizer Servings
- 1 loosely packed cup of fresh basil leaves removed from stem
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole clove of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 rectangular shaped block of cream cheese (the low fat version is not recommended)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients down to the olive oil in a food processor or mini chopper and blend together to make the pesto.
- Put the cream cheese block on a baking tray. You can put parchment paper under the cream cheese to make the transition to the serving tray later a little easier.
- Spread a thick layer of the pesto on top of the cream cheese block.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until it is a little brown and bubbly on top.
- Serve with whole grain crackers or toast points.