- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated skim milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce or 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower, red bell peppers, broccoli), thawed
- 3 cups (8 oz.) bow tie or penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add milk, salt and pepper sauce. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
- 2 Add sauce and vegetables to pasta; toss well. Transfer to a greased medium baking dish or oval casserole. Cover with foil; bake in preheated 375°F oven 15 minutes or until hot. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Source: Sargento Foods