Popular Breakfast Dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes, jalapeño, and paprika. Cook, partially covered, 15 minutes. Add tomato paste, salt and pepper; cook 5 more minutes.
- Break eggs into tomato sauce. Cook, partially covered, until egg whites are set, 5 to 7 minutes, or desired degree of doneness.
Recipe adapted from The Book of New Israeli Food: A Culinary Journey.