(Serve with Nan bread or Pita chips)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, reserve liquid
- 1/2 of the liquid from the can
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt/pepper/paprika to taste
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- sumac (garnish – sprinkle on top) opt.
- Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, reserved liquid, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley, paprika, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with sumac.
- 5 cups sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil or vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350. Toast sesame seeds for 5-10 minutes. Do not burn. Pour sesame seeds into food processor and add small amounts of the oil. Blend for 2 minutes.
Makes about 4 cups can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 months.