Lunch: Clam Chowder, Crackers & Swiss Cheese, and Hot Green Tea
Clam Chowder Recipe:
- 1 can minced clams
- handful of sweet corn
- 1 small diced celery
- 2 small cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 quart half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt/pepper/onion powder/garlic powder
- Drain juice from clams and save the juice. Add to skillet celery, potatoes, corn, dash of onion powder, and a dash of garlic powder. Add small amount of water just to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in a handful of flour until smooth. Add in cream and milk, stir until thick and smooth. Add in vegetables and clam juice. Heat, but do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. Do not over cook clams. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.