- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 7-8 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 qt water (enough to cover and a bit more)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen english peas
- 2 Tbs arborio or bomba rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, soft boil (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil with the garlic. Cook for about a minute on medium heat. We don’t want it to turn brown, just lightly cook.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cook them in the olive oil for about 2 minutes until you feel they are starting to stick to the pan.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir.
- Add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Cover with water, add the peas, rice and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve with eggs if desired, fresh parsley, cilantro flowers and toasted bread.