I tried this one, but mine did not come out looking as fabulous as this photo. It tasted great, but the problem with professional photos is that most people do not have time to do these types of elaborate presentations. (One of the main reasons that I take a simple photo of the food I make and post.)
Cucumber Feta Rolls
- 2 cucumbers
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 tablespoons finely diced sundried tomatoes or red bell pepper
- 8 – 12 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped dill or oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of pepper, or to taste
- Thinly slice the cucumbers longways on a mandoline at a 2mm thick setting. Alternatively, you can use a vegetable peeler if you do not have a mandoline. Lay the cucumbers on top of a paper towel lined cutting board while you prepare the filling.
- Add the feta and yogurt to a medium bowl. Mash to combine using a fork.
- Add the bell pepper or sun dried tomatoes, olives, dill, lemon, and pepper to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In a bowl, mash the feta using a fork.
- Place 1 – 2 teaspoons of mixture at one end of a cucumber strip and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining strips. If not serving immediately, chill until ready to serve.