This is an easy recipe that is great served with scrambled eggs. My kids really like this one. And if you are feeling adventurous, you can always make the biscuits from scratch. Thank you Ms. Norton, my Home Economics teacher, for teaching me how to make homemade biscuits!
- 1 can (16 ounces) refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 pkg. Hearty Pork Sausage Crumbles or remove from casings
- ¼ cup flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Split biscuits in half. Place 2 halves on each of 8 plates; top with about 1/3 cup gravy.
8 servings (1 biscuit and about 1/3 cup gravy each)
Recipe by JimmyDean.com